Historical Impersonator Services in Washington, DC
Dwane Starlin thinks of himself as an “edutainer,” someone who mixes education and entertainment. As a historical impersonator, you certainly get the best of both worlds with Starlin. Discover more about Washington, DC, with one of his guided tours or learn more about specific figures with his historical impersonator services.
Starlin has loved history since he was young. Since 1990, he has used that passion to entertain and educate audiences with his wide variety of talents. His impersonations include many different historical figures, including:
- Mark Twain — American writer, humorist, and lecturer who was famous for his book The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
- Clarence Darrow — American lawyer who was part of the American Civil Liberties Union
- Thomas Edison — One of America’s greatest inventors who developed technology in electricity, sound recording, and communication
- Joseph Henry — an American scientist who was the first secretary of the Smithsonian Institution
- Walter Cronkite — American journalist who was the host of the CBS evening news for nearly 20 years
- Robert Frost — Pulitzer Prize winning American poet, perhaps most famous for his poem “The Road Not Taken”
- John George Butler — Lutheran clergyman who served as Chaplain of the Senate and as Chaplain of the United States House of Representatives
He also performs as contemporary characters like Donald Trump and fictional characters like Professor Gizmo and Ebenezer Scrooge. At Christmas time, you can even catch him donning a Santa hat for his impersonations of Old Saint Nick.
In addition to his characters, Starlin entertains audiences with music, sometimes as the famous John Philip Sousa (or his kazoo-playing counterpart John Philip Kazoosa). He plays the kazoo, trumpet, bugle, and harmonica.
Want to see Dwane Starlin live? Get tickets for one of his upcoming events. You can also inquire about bookings for his historical impersonator services by calling (202) 368-2737 or emailing email@example.com.